Admissions American Program
Admission information for American Program
Applications to the American Program: hopemedicalinstitute.org 11835 Rock Landing Drive Newport News VA 23606 USA
Candidates may also apply directly to the University for the International Program.
The six year MD program of the Medical Faculty of Lublin is designed for High School graduates. High School transcript and diploma are required. The candidate should have high school diploma or matriculation equivalent necessary for admission to higher education institutions in the country in which the diploma was issued.
Good command of the English language, both spoken and written, is required.
MD ADVANCED PROGRAM
The six year advanced MD program of the Medical University of Lublin is designed for college graduates with pre-medical majors or students with 3-years of college or university completed with 90 total number of credits and the following courses accomplished (the courses must not be completed online):
- 2 semesters of General Chemistry (1 year of study).
- 2 semesters of Organic Chemistry (1 year of study).
- 4 semesters of Biology (2 years of study).
- 1 semester of Physics.
- 1 semester of Calculus/Maths.
- MCAT score not older than from 2017.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Complete and signed application form with photo.
- Signed personal data protection statement.
- Original or certified copy of High School Diploma and transcript of grades (if you do not hold IB diploma or EB diploma and your high school diploma was issued outside of EU, OECD or EFTA, please see the information concerning nostrification).
- Certified passport copy.
- Health certificate. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH ANY MEDICAL DETAILS OR TEST RESULTS.
- English Language Certificate if required (Attachment no. 2).
- Original college transcripts (if applicable).
- Original or certified copy of college diploma (if applicable).
- MCAT/BMAT score sheet not older than from 2017 (if applicable).
All the submitted documents should be originals or certified copies (i.e. originally sealed and signed by the eligible institution/person).
If the documents are not in English, translations must be attached (into English or Polish) certified by an approved institution (e.g. the issuing body or a sworn translator).
High school graduates from EU, OECD, EFTA countries / holders of IB/EB diplomas
If a candidate for the standard program has graduated from high school in one of the countries belonging to EU, OECD, EFTA or is a holder of the International Baccalaureate (IB) or European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma, they do not need to pass the entrance exam to the standard program at the Medical University of Lublin. They need to submit the high school diploma or the confirmation of the final seconadary examination. The subjects required for admission are Biology and two subjects out of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The grades/results for these subjects will be calculated into admission points accodingly to the rules below. The maximum number of points for all three subjects taken into consideration is 300.
Tables presenting how to calculate points required for the admission on the basis of high school results from different countires
High school graduates from outside EU/OECD/EFTA
If a candidate has graduated from high school in a country not belonging to EU, OECD, EFTA and is not a holder of the International Baccalaureate (IB) or European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma, they need to pass the entrance exam at the Medical University of Lublin. The subjects required during the exam are Biology and two subjects out of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The grades/results for these subjects are not required on the high school diploma. The maximum number of points for all three subjects taken into consideration during the exam is 300.
Candidates to the advanced program take the entrance exam unless they scored at least 485 at the MCAT exam.
For more information please see Entrance examination - general information below.
Entrance exam - general information
Candidates whose high school diplomas were issued outside EU, OECD or EFTA countries are required to take a written entrance exam. For the academic year 2020/2021, the obligatory subject is biology; in addition to that, a candidate chooses two elective subjects out of three: physics, mathematics, chemistry.
All candidates for the advanced program take the entrance exam unless they scored at least 490 in the MCAT exam.
Each candidate should arrive at the examination venue at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
To be allowed into the exam, candidates need to have a valid ID with photograph (passport, driver’s license, etc.) and be included in the list of reviewed candidates.
No additional time will be granted for late comers.
Please make sure before the exam that you know how to find the exam venue.
1. The entrance examination consists of 100 MCQ questions:
- biology – 40,
- mathematics– 30,
- physics – 30,
- chemistry – 30.
2. Each question has 5 answers, but only one is correct.
3. The maximum number points amounts to 300 - every correct answer gives 3 points.
4. The examination lasts 45 minutes for each subject:
5. A candidate who is late more than 15 minutes for a particular part will not be allowed to sit for examination.
6. Candidates are permitted to take the following items into examination:
- pens and pencils
8. Candidates are not permitted to take the following items into examination:
- bags (including handbags)
- mobile phones, mp3 players and other electronic devices, watches
- books and any dictionaries
TOPICS FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM
|Graduation Ceremony 2020|