Recruitment to the Doctoral School of Medical University of Lublin
2020/2021 academic year - IInd term (September 2020)
The Rector of the Medical University of Lublin announces a competition for 4-year education at the Doctoral School of Medical University of Lublin (UMLUB).
Candidates joining the competition procedure should demonstrate, among others:
- Obtaining a diploma of completion of 1st and 2nd degree studies or uniform Master's degree studies,
- Documented research results in the form of publications or that presented at conferences, symposia,
- Active command of a foreign language at the B2 + level / in the case of candidates with a supplement grade in a foreign language other than English, a certificate confirming the knowledge of English at the B2 + language proficiency level (the list of certificates is Annex 6) or a certificate from Department of Foreign Languages of Medical University of Lublin confirming the knowledge of English at the B2 + / language proficiency level.
The candidate for the promoter/superviser may be an independent employee of the Medical University of Lublin, who in 2015-2019 had scientific achievements published in journals with the IF index and whose employment period at the Medical University of Lublin does not end before the expiry of 4 years from accepting scientific care for a doctoral student at the Doctoral School of the Medical University of Lublin.
Moreover, the candidate for the promoter/superviser may supervise no more than 3 doctoral students of doctoral studies and the Doctoral School of UMLUB (in total). The number of doctoral students may be increased subject to the Rector's consent. Obtaining the Rector's consent should take place before the recruitment process begins, and any consent is a mandatory document submitted by the candidate. The form of the application and the consent of the Rector is provided in Appendix 5.
The qualification procedure is competitive and is based on the scoring. For education at the UML Doctoral School, candidates will be admitted who, in the course of the recruitment procedure, receive sufficiently high scores within the admission limits. Sufficiently high score is understood as obtaining a total of at least 50% of the points for the research project and at least 9.5 points for the qualifying examination.
The competition procedure includes:
- The submission by the person applying for admission to the UMLUB Doctoral School of the required documents referred to in § 7 sec. 1 and optional documents referred to in § 7 sec. 2 (the conditions and procedure of recruitment to the Doctoral School of Medical University of Lublin for the academic year of 2020/2021),
- Assessment of the research project,
- Qualification exam, including checking the level of knowledge in the field of discipline, including the assessment of the ability to conduct discussions and form opinions regarding the area of the research project,
- Confirmation of the knowledge of the English language at the B2 + language proficiency level,
- Assessment of the candidate's achievements, abilities and predispositions for scientific work,
- Establishing and announcing the list of people admitted for the first year to the Doctoral School of UML,
- Issue of a decision or certificate.
Individuals applying for admission to the UMLUB Doctoral School are required to submit, between 01/09/2020 and 11/09/2020, the documents specified in § 7 of the conditions and procedure of recruitment to the UMLUB Doctoral School for the 2020/2021 academic year, at the Doctoral School seat:
- for the discipline of pharmaceutical sciences - Doctoral School Office - contact person Ms Magdalena Krasnodębska, ul. Chodźki 7, room. 307, 3rd floor, phone: 81 448-77-00
- for the discipline of medical science: - Doctoral School Office - contact persons Ms Karolina Sienkiewicz or Ms Agnieszka Sieradzka, ul. Chodźki 7, room. 308, 3rd floor, phone: 81 448-77-04
- for the discipline of health science - Doctoral School Office - contact person Ms Maryla Tębikowska, ul. Chodźki 7, room. 307, phone: 81 448-77-00.
Additional contact person: Doctoral School Office - Ms Jowita Kałkus, ul. Chodźki 7, room. 309, phone: 81 448-77-02.
Documentation should be submitted in white signed folders.
The candidate attaches a list of submitted documents confirmed by his / her signature.
Documents drawn up in a language other than Polish or English must be translated by a sworn translator.
Application for admission to the UMLUB Doctoral School, along with the documents specified in § 7 sec. 1 and 2 (the conditions and procedure of recruitment to the Doctoral School of Medical University of Lublin for the academic year 2020/2021), submitted after the deadline are left without examination, regardless of the reasons for failure to submit the application / documents. The date of submission of the application / documents is the date on which the documents were received by the Medical University of Lublin.
On September 30, 2020, the University website will publish a ranking list of people who will receive the highest number of points in the course of the competition procedure, entitling them to be admitted to studies in accordance with the limit of places.
The condition for admission is that the candidate placed on the ranking list provides up-to-date results of tests and preventive vaccinations, i.e. :
- a certificate from an occupational medicine doctor - prepared on the basis of a referral for research available at the Doctoral School Office,
- health book for sanitary and epidemiological purposes or a medical certificate for sanitary and epidemiological purposes,
- preventive vaccinations certificate against hepatitis B.